An HVAC system is the lifeline of the house, as it keeps the temperature bearable for us, and we can have a comfortable life at home, no matter what the temperature is outside. An HVAC system is important in every season, but its importance increases many folds in spring and summer. This is the season when the number of pollen and dust particles is very high in the air. If the air filters are not properly working or not clean, these outdoor pollutants can become indoor pollutants. Proper air filtration will keep these elements away from your home. All you have to do is keep your HVAC air filters clean to get rid of all the problems associated with polluted air.
Many people are not conscious of the air filters and don’t change them for ages. You should take it very seriously, as it is about your family’s health. Here we discuss the advantages of air filtering and how it affects indoor air quality.
Advantages of air filters
Different people have different approaches when it comes to air filter changes. Some people change it once a month, irrespective of the season, while others don’t change it unless they see the dust on the vent. No matter your approach, you have to maintain your air filters. Regular maintenance of these filters will help you to enjoy the different benefits.
- Clean indoor air: The job of air filters is to collect dust, spores, hair, and any other particles in the air. Filters save your HVAC system from these pollutants and let it work properly. If these filters are not clean, you will experience dusty air in your house. Clean filters ensure clean air indoors. Moreover, if you have a large family, you need to clean them more often. Homes with pets also need to clean their filter more frequently. The filter keeps the air clean which is important for children and the elderly. So, you need to check air filters once a month, and if you see dust build-up, change them immediately.
- Clean house: When the air filter catches your dust, there is less dust on your bookshelves, floors, and counters. It gives a clean look to your house and reduces your cleaning burden. If you hire cleaning services, you can save that money to use somewhere else. A clean air filter can help you in more than one way.
- Allergy relief: if you have patients with allergies and asthma in your house, you must be more careful about changing filters. If filters are not clean, allergens will remain in the air, and the residents will face problems like itchy nose, congestion, and other breathing issues. So, if you have allergic people at home, make sure to change air filters more frequently. If the air filters are clean, people can enjoy a good night’s sleep at home.
- Efficient working of HVAC system: another advantage of clean air filters is the efficient working of the HVAC system. Clogged filters can reduce the Air Condition system’s efficiency, and the cooling or heating mechanism will be affected. The system will use more energy, and output will decrease, resulting in high electricity bills. So, if you feel that your system is not working properly, check the air filters.
- Long life of HVAC System: if the system has to face less burden and you support your system by changing air filters regularly, it will have a long life. It is common to observe that if systems are properly maintained, they serve you more. On the other hand, if you don’t take care of your systems, they will start causing problems, and you have to replace them soon.
- No bad odors: we cook in the house. Air fresheners, perfumes, and cleaning agents add a particular fragrance to our house. Moreover, when windows remain closed for heating or cooling, it creates an odor, which is usually not pleasant. If you have proper and clean air filters, they will catch the pollutants and remove these bad odors for you.
We can enlist many other advantages of air filtration systems, but these are some vital ones.
If you experience a reduced efficiency or dust in the air, it means you need to change the system’s air filters. Filtration services can help you to replace these filters without wasting any time.
Air purifiers and air filters
Some people want to install air purifiers, but they have no idea whether either will be compatible with air filters or not. If you are facing the same problem, we are here to help you.
The air purifier is a device that maintains good air quality indoors. Good air purifiers can be installed directly with your existing HVAC system. The purifier will help remove contaminants, and you will have clean and healthy indoor air.
How can air purifying services help you?
Many companies provide air filter changing services. But you have to find a reliable service with the filters you need for your systems. Different HVAC systems have different sizes of air filters. So, the service you choose must have that exact size. Moreover, the quality of air filters should also be good. Budget is another factor which you have to consider. The air filters should be good quality, but the price should be reasonable and within your budget.
Beware of scams, many services promise good quality filters, but they are not what is promised when you get them. So, make sure the company you choose has a good return and exchange policy. If the size is not proper or you are not satisfied with the quality, you can return or change them. You can provide filter providers online and in the local market too. Some services provide complete maintenance services for the HVAC system, and it also includes the changing of air filters. Choose a reliable company with experts for this job, and they are quick to respond. A professional approach is very important. If workers fail to respond quickly, try someone else.
About Century Air Conditioning & Heating
Century Air Conditioning & Heat was established in 1986. We’re a family owned and operated HVAC contractor in Orlando, FL. For over 36 years, we’ve been a trusted source for air conditioning equipment, heating equipment and related services. Century is an A+ BBB accredited business.
Air Conditioning & Heating Services Offered in Orlando and surrounding Central Florida Areas:
|Orlando Air Conditioner Installation||Orlando Air Conditioner Installation|
|HVAC Air Conditioning Maintenance||Orlando Air Conditioning Service|